I read… I guess more than I was expecting to in January? But I didn’t get to some of the books that were actually on my tbr. There were a few ARCs I wasn’t expecting to be approved for and those got pushed to the top of my tbr.
In the end I read 11 books this month. There’s still about 8 and a half hours left in the day though so I might finish another.
Out of the 11 there was:
- 1 audiobook
- 2 re-reads
- 6 books published in 2018
- 5 of them were ARCs
Here’s what I read and what I thought:
- Timekeeper by Tara Sim – 5/5 stars
- I told myself to read this first this year no matter what. I’d been wanting to read it for such a long time and I’m glad I finally did. Now I’m dying to read the next book and hopefully I’ll be able to get to it in February.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera – 5/5 stars
- I finally read an Adam Silvera book! It broke my heart! I can’t wait to read more from him!!
- See All The Stars by Kit Frick – 4/5 stars
- Release date: August 14th 2018
- This was a really nice debut novel. I’ll have a review up closer to release date.
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe – 5/5 stars
- 100% worth the hype
- The Radical Element edited by Jessica Spotswood – 4/5 stars
- Release date: March 13th 2018
- I am not a huge anthology fan even though I still keep reading them. This one surprised me by how much I enjoyed it though! I’d definitely recommend picking it up when it comes out
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – 5/5 stars
- Obviously a re-read. I mean.. I named my blog after this series. I did listen to the audiobook this time which I didn’t do the first time I read it. I already can’t wait to re-read the next book.
- Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston – 5/5 stars
- Release date: February 27th 2018
- I was shocked when I got approved for this ARC. Usually I don’t re-read books within the same year but I really might read this one again when I get my final copy because I loved it that much.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – 4/5 stars
- Another re-read. Still not my favorite Shadowhunters book which I guess is why it took years for me to get to the rest of the series. It’s still nice to go back and see how much her writing has improved though.
- The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren – 4/5 stars
- I don’t have much to say other than I really, really loved this book. Roni Loren writes books you can’t put down.
- The One You Can’t Forget by Roni Loren – 5/5 stars
- Release date: June 5th 2018
- Again, this was a book I could not put down. I just enjoyed the plot a little more than the first book which is why this got 5 stars and the first got 4.
- I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman – 5/5 stars
- Release date: March 27th 2018
- I read this in one sitting…. which I very rarely do. I just kept turning the page, literally unable to stop until I got to the end. This is one of those books you really don’t want to miss out on. And it might be another that I re-read when I get a final copy.